Cultural studies culture (from the Latin cultura – education, education, development, respect), that is historically certain level of society’s creative powers and abilities, in terms of the types and forms of organization of life and activities of people in their relationships as well as they create spiritual and material values. A specific subject of cultural studies may make some elements of culture, family, professional, political, social, psychological, religious, national and subculture certain social, age and professional groups, communities, culture organizations and enterprises.
In recent years, emerging industry Applied Cultural Studies – aimed at forming new cultural elements. Job culturologist is particularly popular recently. Specialist cultural can realize their professional competence in various areas: education, science, culture, politics, management, economy.
Students for this specialty enrolled in universities 5 years. They study the history of world and national culture, exploring such subjects as “cultural economy”, “Management Culture”, “socio-cultural design in the field of culture”, “cultural policy”, “Strategies for Cultural Preservation.” In addition, cultural study “Theory and history of domestic and foreign culture and art”, “Latin”, “Slavonic language”, “archeology” and dozens of other equally interesting subjects.
Professionally important traits:
- the ability to plan their activities over time;
- ekstravertnist (focus on interaction with people, sociability);
- concentration of attention;
- ability to figurative representation of objects, processes and phenomena;
- abstract (abstract images, concepts) thinking;
- associative thinking;
- analytical thinking;
- deductive thinking;
- communication skills;
- the ability to properly express their views;
- emotional stability;
- propensity to research activity;
- the ability to properly and effectively allocate time;
- developed aesthetic and artistic taste;
- sense of harmony.
After completing his studies, cultural studies graduates have enough knowledge of cultural, research, marketing activities in culture. They will be those who are theoretically and practically ensure our land rich and diverse cultural entertainment.
Where can work cultural studies?
Culture find themselves in numerous activities:
- they are able to carry out research and development,
- cultural studies are often influential professionals, mediators, coordinators, administrators, cultural and political “motivators”
- they evaluate the effectiveness of projects and programs, activate the potential of local people in socially and culturally significant activity
- common areas of employment culture – health, education, international development planning, energy policy, housing policy and social security,
- cultural studies can work in different environments, both short-term or long-term consultants, government officials, under contract with the company, human rights organizations, academic institutions and state or local government,
- in some cases, cultural studies can perform tasks, such as to be consultants, analysts centers studying public opinion polls or services, manage projects, to serve as coordinator, financier, a specialist in recruitment, according to the programs of education, research director and administrator contracts.